Workflow Management is a workflow platform for Manufacturing Operations Management applications and provides the capability to manage, enforce and document processes cross-company, replacing manual processes and paperwork with electronic workflows. It encompasses everything from routine operations to escalated responses to critical plant operating conditions.
Features / Benefits
- Improved operational efficiency
- Enforcement of standard operational procedures (SOP’s)
- Elimination of paper documents with electronic forms and information views
- Increased collaboration across functional domains
- Improved compliance with internal and external regulatory mandates
- Process execution visibility and monitoring of organizational performance
- Integration with the automated processes and enterprise systems
- Standardization of operational business processes across multiple locations
Fujirebio Diagnostics Implements a Paperless Electronic Initiative for its Biomarker-Manufacturing
Watch this video to see how Fujirebio Diagnostics used BPM to reduce equipment monitoring time by more than 1000 man hours per year, reduce quality assurance time by two-thirds and improve regulatory compliance.
Advanced Workflow Management for Industry Operations
Workflow Management differs from generic BPM software through native integration with System Platform, Manufacturing Execution System, and other productivity applications and with Avantis EAM. Users can trigger processes directly from control system equipment conditions and process alerts, as well as from work order execution, quality, performance or inventory logistics events in real-time. Workflow Management can also respond to events originating in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, in XML messages, Web services, and other generic interfaces. It integrates with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office for support of enterprise systems and document and communication standards.
Model, Capture, and Reuse
Workflow Management provides the foundation for modeling, capturing and reusing any type of industrial process. This includes configuring, deploying and running manufacturing operations based on Wonderware software. Workflow Management is part of our platform approach to integrate, simplify and standardize operational processes across the enterprise and to facilitate multi-site Manufacturing Operations Management that speed time to value and reduce total cost of ownership.
How Workflow Management is Applied
Workflow Management software supports numerous roles within organizations, generating new efficiencies in the following operational areas:
- Enforcement of standard operating procedures by electronic work instructions, structured approvals and data entry task management, including product changeover and pre-production logistics processes
- Electronic records of procedural execution, including e-signature
- Escalation of a critical alarm condition
- Notifications and collaboration on maintenance requirements in response to equipment breakdown or planned maintenance activities
- Material receiving and inspections procedures
- Quality management procedures and quality sign-off of approval processes
- Management of HACCP procedures and EHS inspections
- Specification or recipe change management processes, to deploy changes in product lifecycle management (PLM) or master recipe management applications
- Continuous improvement processes, such as Kaizen programs
What is Workflow Management?
Workflow Management is advanced business process management and workflow software for managing activity flow involving people or systems, inside or outside an organization. It enables companies to model, execute, analyze and improve operational processes to drive higher levels of productivity, collaboration, and innovation.
Connectivity to automated production processes through Wonderware System Platform integration and third-party manufacturing operations applications allows for a true end-to-end operational process management and a platform to standardize processes across industrial enterprises.
Workflow Management Components: